I watched Saved! last night. I really enjoyed this movie for a number of reasons:
- crazy passionate warped belief system, most prominently displayed by Mandy Moore's character, Hillary Faye.
- Mary's (Jena Malone) character decides that in order to save her boyfriend from dreaded homosexuality, she must sleep with him to "save him."
- Cassandra's (Eva Amurri, isn't she Susan Sarandon's daughter?) brassy "rebellious" behavior, including dating wheelchair-bound Roland (Macaulay Culkin), whose relationship grew into a mutually beneficial one, rather than for shits and giggles.
- Patrick Fugit, Patrick Fugit, Patrick Fugit. I was totally crushing him.
- I would enjoy my Christian school with Pastor Skip as my principal!
Well, there is more to it than those few things. I was surprised by how much I liked it, really. The cast was well-assembled, the writing was witty and biting, and there was a moral to the story (quelle surprise!) that was well-suited but not preachy. I fell in love with a song in it, that I found out this morning I own, so no hunting for said song! That alone saved me. Get it? Oh, I really shouldn't have put that in there.....